Aussie Potato Pancakes
Veg HT ACC Australian 25mins
Makes 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Accompaniment
Gluten Wheat free Australia Oceania Pacific Rim
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (check ingredients)
1 Small Onion, finely grated
2 Slices Ham, shredded (Optional - not suitable for vegetarians)
2 medium Potatoes, peeled and grated
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp Oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, ketchup, salt and pepper.
2. Squeeze out as much moisture from the grated potato as possible then mix the
potato, onion and ham (if using) into the egg mixture.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan until hot then drop
dessertspoonfuls of mixture into the pan immediately pressing each down gently
to about 8mm/1/3 inch thick and about 7.5cm/3 in diameter.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes until the pancake set on one side then turn and
continue to cook for a further 3 minutes. Turn again and cook for a further 2
minutes. Serve hot.
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.