Baked Garlic Mushrooms
Veg HT ACC 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs
20 Open Cup Mushrooms (about 5cm/2-inches in diameter)
3 tbsp Olive Oil
75g /3oz Butter, softened
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Thyme Leaves
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
50g/2oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Remove the stalks from the
mushrooms and set aside. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add
the mushroom caps in one layer cap side down and fry for 1 minute only.
2. Remove the caps from the frying pan with a slotted spoon or tongs and arrange
in a shallow ovenproof dish cap side down, in one layer.
3. Chop the mushroom stalks finely then place in a bowl together with the
butter, garlic, herbs and lemon juice and mix well.
4. Divide the garlic butter mixture evenly between the mushroom caps, sprinkle
over the breadcrumbs, lightly pressing them into the butter then bake for 10
minutes. Serve hot.
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.