Bean White Curry
Veg HT ACC Sri Lankan
Sri Lankan Name: Bonchi Uyala (Bonchi Kirata)
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegan Vegetables
Spices Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Sri Lanka
Ceylon Ceylonese Asia Asian
250g/9oz Green Beans
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Curry Leaves
1 Onion, chopped
1 Green Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 teasp Ground Cumin
½ teasp Ground Turmeric
90ml/3fl.oz. Thick Coconut Milk
1. Wash and trim the beans set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the onion and curry leaves and
fry, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the beans, chilli, cumin and turmeric, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes,
stirring from time to time, until the beans are tender. Serve hot.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.