Veg HT ACC
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Tunisia Nth African North Africa
1 teasp Coriander Seeds
˝ teasp Caraway Seeds
1 tbsp Olive Oil
450g/1lb Carrots, thinly sliced
2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1. Heat a dry frying pan until hot, add the coriander and caraway seeds and cook
for 1 minute, shaking the pan from time to time, until fragrant.
2. Transfer the spices to a plate and allow to cool then crush to a powder using
a mortar and pestle.
3. Heat the oil in the frying pan, add the carrots and sauté gently for about 10
minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned all over.
4. Add the ground spices and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the vinegar and salt and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes,
stirring from time to time , until the carrots are tender. Serve hot or at room
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.