and Fennel Gratin Veg HT ACC 55mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Accompaniment Eggless
1 Medium Celeriac, peeled and diced
1 Fennel Bulb, trimmed and diced
175g/6oz Broccoli Florets
2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Freshly Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a shallow
oven-proof dish. Bring a pan of water to the boil then add the celeriac and
fennel and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the celeriac and fennel from the pan with a slotted spoon, add the
broccoli to the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes..
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan, add the flour, mix well and
cook for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat, stirring.
4. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring constantly until the sauce is
smooth and thickened.
5. Drain the broccoli well then transfer to the greased dish together with the
celeriac and fennel, mixing them all up.
6. Pour the sauce evenly over the vegetables, sprinkle with the Parmesan and
bread crumbs and bake for 30 minutes until the topping is crisp and brown. Serve
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.