Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
4 Fennel Bulbs
Salt and pepper
75g /3oz Butter
1. If the fennel bulbs have leaves attached, cut them off and reserve for use in
another recipe. Cut off the root base then cut each bulb in half lengthways and
rinse in cold water.
2. Place the fennel in a saucepan with 2.5cm/1-inch of salted water. Bring to
the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until just
3. Once tender, drain well in a colander.
4. Melt the butter in the rinsed out saucepan then return the fennel to the pan,
season with pepper and cook for a few minutes, turning to coat the fennel with
NB If your fennel had the feathery leaves attached, you can chop
them and sprinkle over the buttered bulbs just before serving.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.