Cabbage with Bacon
HT ACC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetables Pork Accompaniment Gluten Wheat
Dairy Free Eggless
4 Streaky Bacon Rashers, chopped
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
450g/1lb Green Cabbage, coarsely shredded
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat a large frying pan until very hot then add the bacon (without any extra
oil) and sauté over a medium high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove
with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Add the onion to the frying pan with a little extra oil if necessary and sauté, stirring, until golden
3. Add the cabbage and the water, mix well, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or
until just tender.
3. Remove the lid and continue to simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated
then add the cooked bacon, season with pepper and mix well. Serve
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.