Veg HT ACC N.American 60mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Accompaniment Eggless USA North America
4 Small Sweet Potatoes
50g/2oz Brown sugar
120ml/4fl.oz. Boiling water
3 tbsp Butter, melted
25g/1oz Mini Marshmallows
1. Place the whole sweet potatoes in a large pan of water, bring to the boil and
cook for 20 minutes or until nearly tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F Gas Mark 4 and grease a shallow baking dish.
3. Drain the potatoes, peel, halve lengthways, then cut into thick slices.
Arrange in the greased tin.
4. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, water, salt, and butter then pour over
sweet potatoes and bake for 15 minutes, basting occasionally.
5. Sprinkle top with the marshmallows then continue to bake for a further 10
minutes or until lightly browned.
NB If you only have large marshmallows, cut them in half.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.