Veg HT ACC 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
2 Large Leeks, trimmed
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Demerara or Soft brown sugar
Salt and Black Pepper
Freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Cut the leeks in half lengthways (green and white parts) and wash thoroughly
under cold running water, making sure you flush out any grit from between the
layers. Shake well then cut into 6mm/ ¼ -inch slices.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter gently in a large saucepan and once melted, add
the leeks, mix well and cook uncovered, over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle over the sugar and once the sugar has more or less melted, add the
salt and pepper and mix well. Continue to cook uncovered, for 15-20 minutes,
adding a little hot water if the mixture begins to stick and turning from time
4. Just before serving, add the parsley and stir through.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.