Cake Veg HT ACC
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Leftovers Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
450g/8oz Cold (or leftover) Mashed Potatoes
300g/11oz Celeriac, peeled and grated
4 Spring Onions, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and line a baking tray with
greased aluminium foil.
2. Place the mashed potato, celeriac and spring onions in a large mixing bowl,
season with salt and plenty of pepper and mix well.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan until very hot then add the
potato mixture and spread evenly over the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes or until
the underside has browned .
4. Slide onto a large flat plate then flip onto the greased baking tray (brown
side up). Pour any oil and butter left in the frying pan over the surface then
bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Cut into wedges before serving.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.