Veg HT ACC English 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegan
Vegetables Alcohol Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless
England British Europe
1 small Onion, finely chopped
450g/1lb Whole French Beans
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the onions and olive oil in a small saucepan, turn to coat then cover
and cook over a low/medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time to
prevent it sticking or burning.
2. Meanwhile, place the beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for
7-10 minutes until just tender.
3. Add the cider to the onions, raise the heat and cook for about 5 minutes
until liquid is reduced and syrupy.
4. Once cooked, drain the beans well, season with salt and pepper then add to
the onion mixture. Toss to coat the beans well. Serve immediately
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.