Veg HT ACC Sri Lankan
Sri Lankan Name: Mallun
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegan
Vegetables Spices Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
Eggless Sri Lanka Ceylon Ceylonese Asia Asian
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
900g/2lb Fresh Spinach, shredded
1 tbsp Lime Juice
2 teasp Chilli Powder
25g/1oz Desiccated Coconut
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and fry over a medium heat, for
3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
2. Add the spinach and continue to cook turning frequently for 3-4 minutes or
until the spinach has just wilted.
3. Add the lime juice, salt and chilli powder and continue to cook, stirring
constantly for 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle in the desiccated coconut and cook for a further for 2 minutes,
stirring to mix well. Serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.