Corn Pudding Veg
ACC N. American
Vegetarian Vegetables Accompaniment North America
400ml/14oz tinned Creamed Sweetcorn
25g/1oz Plain Flour
1 heaped tbsp Sugar
Salt and White Pepper
2 Eggs, separated
1 Small Red Capsicum (Sweet Pepper) Chopped
Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark4 and grease a deep 1.5L/2-1/2 pint ovenproof dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet corn, butter, flour, sugar, salt, pepper and diced capsicum until thoroughly blended.
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks.
4.Place the milk in a saucepan and bring to simmering point then remove from the heat and stir in the egg yolks.
5. Add the milk mixture to the corn mixture and mix well.
6. In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff then stir 1/4 of the whites into corn to lighten the mixture.
7. Gently fold in the remaining beaten egg whites.
8. Transfer to the greased dish and bake for 20 minutes.
9.Remove from the oven and stir in the crust that has formed, back into the pudding and continue to bake for a further 20 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and, once again, stir in the crust which has formed on the top, back into the pudding. Return to the oven and bake for a final 20 minutes. Serve hot.
served at Christmas to accompany roast turkey.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.