Curried Mashed Parsnip
Veg HT ACC 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Spices
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
900g/2lbs Parsnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onions, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 heaped teasp Curry Powder (check ingredients label)
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Place the parsnips in a large saucepan of salted water , bring to the boil
then reduce the heat slightly and cook for about 20 minutes, until soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic
and fry gently until soft and transparent, running from time to time.
3. Stir in the curry powder and continue cooking, stirring for 2 -3 minutes.
4. Once cooked, drain the parsnips well in a colander then return to the pan and
mash with a potato masher.
5. Add the onion mixture, stir through and adjust the seasoning. Serve
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.