Honey Baked Stuffed Squash
Veg HT ACC 55mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Dried Fruit Nuts
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
2 Acorn squash halved lengthwise and deseeded
3 tbsp Butter
100g/4oz Dried Figs or dates, chopped
25g/1oz Chopped Almonds
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
¼ teasp Freshly Ground Nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4. Place the squash cut sides down
in shallow ovenproof dish and add enough boiling water to come to a depth of
12mm/1/2-inch. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
2. Place the butter in a small saucepan and melt over low heat.
3. Add the honey, figs, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
4. Carefully pour off the water from the baking tin containing the squash and
turn the squash cut sides up. Fill the hollows with the fig mixture then return
to the oven, uncovered, and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the squash is
tender. Serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.