Kartoflyanki Veg HT ACC
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Accompaniment Russia Europe
900g/2lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
A little plan flour
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with salted water, bring to
the boil then reduce the heat a little and cook for about 20 minutes or
until the potatoes are tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly butter a baking
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain well, return to the pan and mash.
4. Add the cornflour, butter, egg, salt and pepper, mix well then turn onto
a floured work surface and knead gently.
5. Shape the dough into small balls about the size of a walnut, place on the
prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Traditionally served sprinkled with fried onions.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.