Spiced Squash Veg HT
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Kiwi Fruit Nuts Accompaniment
Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
1 Whole Acorn Squash, halved widthways and deseeded
3 Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp melted Butter or Margarine
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
½ teasp Ground Ginger
2 tbsp chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4. Place the squash cut sides down
in shallow ovenproof dish and add enough boiling water to come to a depth of
12mm/ ½ -inch. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 25 minutes.
2. Peel and chop 2 of the kiwifruit, place in a food processor or liquidiser and
process until smooth.
3. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, and ginger and pulse to blend. Set aside.
4. Remove the squash from the oven, carefully pour off the water from the baking
tin containing and turn the squash cut sides up.
5. Fill the hollows with the kiwifruit mixture then return to the oven,
uncovered, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the squash is just tender.
6. Slice the remaining kiwifruit and arrange over the squash. Sprinkle with the
nuts and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.