Lemon Chicory Veg
HT ACC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegan Vegetables Fruit Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy
4 Heads of Chicory
The juice and grated zest 1 large Lemon
90ml/3fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Cut the chicory heads in half lengthways then cut out an V from the this core
at the base.
2. Place the chicory in a large saucepan in one layer, sprinkle with salt then
add enough water to barely cover the chicory.
3. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes until
4. Drain the the chicory well then return to the pan and add the rest of
5. Cover and heat for 5 minutes, gently shaking the pan from time to
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.