Mangetout In Basil Cream Veg HT ACC
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat free Eggless
675g/1½ lb Fresh Mangetout, trimmed
150ml/5fl.oz. Single Cream
1 tbsp finely grated Gruyere or Mild Cheddar Cheese
8 Basil leaves, shredded
Salt and Pepper
1. Lightly steam the mange-tout for 3 minutes.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the cooked mangetout and stir-fry
over a high heat for 2 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat, add the cream, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes over a
low heat, stirring to coat the vegetables.
4. Add the cheese and basil, mix briefly and serve immediately.
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.