Morel and Bacon Rosti Recipe
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetable Pork Herbs Wild Fungi Spring Season Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free
1 tbsp Olive Oil
50g/2oz Streaky Bacon, chopped
75g/3oz Onions, finely chopped
675g/1-˝lb Potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
8 Fresh Morel Mushrooms, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
Freshly chopped Chives and Parsley
1. Heat half the butter and olive oil in a saucepan, add the bacon and onions
and cook over a medium heat, turning from time to time, until softened.
2. Add the grated potatoes and some of the herbs, mix well, season with salt and
pepper and cook for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
3. Add the morels and mix well.
4. Heat the remaining butter and oil in a large frying pan and when hot transfer
the potato mixture to the frying pan, spreading the mixture evenly over the
bottom of the pan (like a pancake) and cook each side until browned.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining chives and parsley.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.