ACC 45mins plus chilling
Cold Vegetables Herbs Alcohol Accompaniment
Dairy Free Eggless
450g/1lb Onions, peeled
1 tbsp Oil
3 teasp Sugar
Salt and Pepper
½ teasp Caraway Seeds
1 teasp freshly chopped Thyme Leaves
2 tbsp Wine Vinegar
300ml/10fl.oz. Dry Red Wine
300ml/10fl.oz. Beef Stock
10g/3 teasp Powdered Gelatine
Fresh Chives to garnish
1. Cut the onion into fairly large cubes. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add
the onion and cook over a very low heat for about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in the sugar, raise the heat and continue to cook until it
caramelises with the onions.
3. Add the thyme,
caraway seeds, vinegar, red wine and beef stock. Mix well, season with salt and
pepper and cook over a low heat for
4. Meanwhile, place the gelatine and warm water in a heatproof
bowl, mix well and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring, until
5. Remove the onion mixture from the heat and stir in the
dissolved gelatine, mixing well. Turn the mixture into 4 little moulds, allow to
cool then place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
6. To serve - turn out the onion jellies onto a serving platter
and garnish with chives. Serve with roast meats.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |