HT ACC 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetables Spices
Accompaniment Dairy free Eggless
450g/1lb Mangetout, trimmed
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
The finely grated Zest of 1 Lemon
1 teasp Ground Paprika
150ml/5fl.oz. Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 teasp Brown Sugar
1. bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil then add the mangetout and
cook for 2 minutes only (blanch) until they turn bright green. Drain in a
colander and immediately rinse under running cold water. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan, add the garlic, lemon zest and
paprika and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce and sugar, mix well then reduce the
heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add the drained mangetout and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.