Veg HT ACC British 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs
Accompaniment Britain Europe
4 Parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
Salt and Black Pepper
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 Onion, finely chopped or grated
2 Egg Yolks
Oil for shallow frying
1. Place the parsnips in a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil then cook
the parsnips for about 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain the parsnips in a colander then return to the pan and mash,
3. Add black pepper, parsley, onion, egg yolks and half the breadcrumbs, and mix
3. Divide the mixture into 8 and form into patties or cylindrical croquettes,
then roll in the remaining breadcrumbs.
4. Shallow fry in hot oil until golden brown on all sides. Drain on kitchen
paper and serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.