Patates Psites HT
ACC Greek 60mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetables
Herbs Accompaniment Eggless Greece Europe Mediterranean
4 Medium Potatoes, washed and cut into quarters lengthways
2 tbsp Olive oil
480ml/16fl.oz. Chicken Stock
The juice of 3 Lemons
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Oregano
Salt and Pepper
50g/2oz Butter or Lard
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Place the potatoes in a
deepish ovenproof dish and sprinkle with olive oil.
2. Add the chicken stock to the potatoes together with the lemon juice and
(if necessary) sufficient water to ensure the potatoes are covered by
12mm/1/2-inch of liquid.
3. Add the salt, pepper, oregano and garlic and mix well.
4. Cut the butter or lard into 12mm/1/2-inch cubes and distribute evenly
amongst the potatoes. Cover and roast for about 30 minutes.
5. Uncover the potatoes then return to the oven and roast for a further 15
minutes to brown. Serve hot.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.