HT ACC Irish 50mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetables Accompaniment
Eggless Ireland British Europe
900g/2lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
100g/4oz Plain Flour
1 tbsp Bacon fat, lard or oil
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with salted water, bring to the
boil then cook for about 20 minutes or until very tender.
2. Drain the potatoes well, return to the pan together with the butter and mash
3. Add the flour to the potato mixture, mix well then lightly knead.
4. Divide the mixture into two and roll out each half on a floured board to form
circles about 20cm/8-inches in diameter. Cut each circle into quarters.
5. Heat the fat in a large frying pan, add the potato farls and cook for about 3
minutes on each side. You will probably have to do this in two batches. Keep the
first batch warm in the oven.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.