Veg HT ACC Polish
40mins plus cooling
Polish Name: Kopytka
Serves 4-6 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Accompaniment Dairy
Free Poland Eastern Europe
4 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, add salt, cover with water then bring
to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
2. Once cooked, drain the potatoes then add the egg and mash until smooth. Set
aside to cool.
3. Once cold, transfer the mashed potatoes to a large mixing bowl and add flour,
a tablespoon at a time, mixing well until you have a firm dough which doesn’t
stick to your fingers.
4.. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface, roll out thinly then cut into
thin noodle strips.
5. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil then drop the noodles into
the bubbling water and cook for a few minutes until they float to the surface.
Remove with a slotted spoon and serve hot.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.