Broccoli Nests Veg HT ACC
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free England British Europe
675g/1 ˝ lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 Onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
450g/1lb Broccoli Florets
75g/3oz Soft Cream Cheese
2 Egg Yolks
50g/2oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, gas Mark 5 and line a large baking tray with
greased aluminium foil. Cook the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes or
2. Meanwhile heat the oil and half the butter in a large frying pan, add the
onions and sauté for 7-10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until soft and
3. Drain the potatoes well then return to the pan mash with a potato masher then
add the remaining butter, black pepper, cream cheese and egg yolks and beat with
a wooden spoon until smooth and well combined.
4. Fold in half of the onions into the potato mixture then form into 4 rounds on
the baking tray, making sure the sides of each are higher than the middle to
form shallow nests. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Boil or steam the broccoli for 7-10 minutes until tender-crisp. Keep warm.
6. Remove the nests from the oven and arrange the broccoli in the centre of each
shell. Top with the remaining onion, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven
for a further 5-10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve
A good choice for dinner parties or special occasion meals.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |