Potato and Turnip
Gratin Veg HT ACC
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
400g/14oz Turnips, peeled and thinly sliced
400g/14oz Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 Onion, thinly sliced,
2 tbsp Melted Butter
A little freshly Grated Nutmeg
Salt and Black Pepper
50g/2oz Grated Cheddar or Gruyere Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease an ovenproof
2. Place the turnips, potato and onion slices in the casserole dish, drizzle
with the melted butter and turn to coat on all sides.
3. Cover tightly with a lid or aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Place the milk in a small saucepan, season with the nutmeg, pepper and salt
and bring to the boil.
5. After the cooking time, remove from the oven and mix in half the cheese. Pour
the hot milk over the mixture, sprinkle with the remaining cheese the return
uncovered to the oven and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes until golden
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.