Rice and Kale Gratin Veg
HT ACC 55mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Grains Accompaniment Eggless
240ml/8fl.oz. Vegetable Stock
1 Red Capsicum (Sweet Pepper, deseeded and chopped
75g/3oz Sweetcorn Kernels (fresh or frozen)
150g/5oz Long Grain Rice
1 teasp freshly chopped Thyme Leaves
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
675g/1˝lb Kale Leaves, stripped from the stem
100g/4oz Ricotta Cheese
25g/1oz Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Black Pepper
13g/˝oz fresh Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease a large shallow
ovenproof dish. Place the stock, capsicum, corn, rice, thyme and parsley in a
saucepan, bring to the boil then lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 15
minutes or until the rice is tender.
2. Meanwhile, wash the kale leaves then place in a large saucepan with about
2.5cm/1-inch of water, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Drain
well then coarsely chop.
3. Transfer the cooked rice mixture to a large mixing bowl together with the
cooked kale, ricotta, half the Parmesan, salt and black pepper and mix well then
transfer the mixture to the greased ovenproof dish.
4. Mix together the remaining Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs then sprinkle
evenly over the rice mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.