Savoury Squash and
Sweet Potato Mash
Veg HT ACC 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Spices Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
1 Onion, chopped
450g/1lb Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
450g/1lb Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large cubes
420nl/14fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
4 tbsp Cream
Salt and Black Pepper
Freshly Ground Nutmeg (optional)
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until soft
2. Add the potatoes, squash and stock, adding extra water to just cover the
vegetables if required, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer
for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
3. Drain then return to the saucepan over a very low heat and mash well with a
4. Add the cream, salt and pepper and beat with a wooden spoon until soft and
creamy. Serve hot sprinkled with a little ground nutmeg and a pat of butter.
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.