Aubergine Veg HT ACC Sri
Lankan 25mins plus standing
Sri Lankan Name: Brinjal Sambol
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian Vegan
Vegetables Spices Accompaniment Curry Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
Eggless Sri Lanka Ceylon Ceylonese Asia Asian
450g/1lb Aubergine (Eggplant),
2 teasp Ground Turmeric
240ml/8fl.oz. Peanut Oil
2 Red Chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
225g/8oz Onion, halved and finely sliced
4 tbsp Coconut Cream
1 teasp Lime Juice
1. Halve the aubergine lengthways, cut into 1cm/ ½ inch slices then sprinkle
with salt and leave to drain in a colander.
2. Dry the aubergine slices on kitchen paper then sprinkle with turmeric.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the aubergine slices for 2-3
minutes on each side until brown all over. You may have to do this in batches.
Drain on kitchen paper.
4. Place the chillies, onion, coconut cream and lime juice in a large serving
bowl then add the fried aubergine and toss to coat. Serve immediately as an
accompaniment to curries.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.