Aubergines A La Toulousaine
Veg HT ACC French 35mins plus standing
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Accompaniment Eggless
1 Medium Aubergine (Eggplant), thickly sliced
60ml/2fl.oz. Olive Oil
3 Large Tomatoes, peeled
3 Thick Slices White Bread, crusts removed and cubed
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1tbsp Freshly chopped Oregano
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
25g/1oz Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Place the aubergine slices on paper towels, sprinkle each generously with
salt. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the dried aubergine slices
on both sides until golden. Add more oil if needed.
4. Add the tomato slices and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Arrange the aubergines and tomatoes in alternate layers, (4 in all),
sprinkling each layer with salt and black pepper.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes with the oregano, parsley,
garlic, 1 tablespoon salad oil and cheese. Toss well. Sprinkle over the
vegetables and bake for 20 minutes or until bread cubes are golden and eggplant
is tender. Serve hot.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.