Broad Beans with Bacon HT
Hot Vegetables Pork Accompaniment
Gluten Wheat free
Bacon Rashers, thinly sliced
Salt and Black
3 Egg Yolks,
A squeeze of
Savory or Parsley to garnish
1. Heat the in a casserole or saucepan, add the bacon and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until golden brown but not crispy.
2. Add the broad beans and enough water to barely cover them together with a little salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until the beans are just tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Shake the pan from time to time to prevent the beans sticking.
3. Once the broad beans are cooked, if necessary, boil rapidly, uncovered, to reduce the remaining liquid to no more than 1-2 tablespoons. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend together the egg yolks, cream and some black pepper.
5. Pour the egg yolk mixture onto the beans, stirring constantly and return to a very low heat. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring all the time, until the sauce begins to thicken slightly. Do not allow to come close to boiling as it will curdle.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
7. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and sprinkle the savory or parsley over the top to garnish. Serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.