Broccoli with Almonds Veg
4 Hot Vegetables
lb Broccoli, washed and trimmed
/4 teasp Nutmeg
For the Sauce
Strong Vegetable Stock
2 tbsp Lemon
Salt and Black
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the nutmeg and
broccoli and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan, add the almonds and sauté
on both sides
until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
To make the sauce
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, sprinkle in the flour and cook,
stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually add the stock, a
little at a time, stirring constantly.
4. Return to the heat and slowly bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream, lemon juice salt and sugar
6. To serve - drain the broccoli well and transfer to a warmed serving
dish. Pour the
sauce over the broccoli, sprinkle the browned almonds over the top and serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.