Caramelised Beetroot with Apple
HT ACC British
Hot Vegetables Vegetarian Fruit Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free
Eggless Britain Europe
3 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Granny Smith
2 tbsp Soft Brown
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Cut the cooked beetroot into wedges and place in a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix to coat well. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, peel, core and cut the apples into wedges. Melt the butter in a small pan.
4. After the beetroot have been cooking for 20 minutes remove the roasting tin from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6.
5. Add the apple wedges to the roasting tin , pour the butter over the beetroot and apple wedges and toss to coat, then sprinkle over the sugar. Return to the oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
6. After this time, remove the beetroot and apple from the oven and gently stir in the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.