Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Ireland British
Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
6 Spring Onions,
roughly chopped (both green and white parts)
Salt and Pepper
4 large Knobs of
Butter to serve
1. Place the potato in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the
boil then cook
2. Drain the potatoes well, then return to the pan and place over a low
heat to dry out.
3. In another small saucepan, cook the spring onions in the milk for five
4. Mash the potatoes well with a masher or a fork then add the
milk and onions to
the mashed potatoes beating until smooth and fluffy, season well with
5. To serve - place on individual plates with the main course and sink a
of butter into each serving. Each
forkful is dipped into the melted butter as it is eaten.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.