Sultana and Onion Braise Veg
Fruit Alcohol Accompaniment Eggless
2 teasp Olive Oil
Dry White Wine (check manufacture)
3 tbsp Fresh Fine
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the sultanas in a small bowl, just cover with boiling water and
leave for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel the onions and slice thickly.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan together with the olive oil. Add the
onion slices and sauté gently until soft and transparent.
4. Drain the sultanas well then add to the onions together with the wine,
bring to the boil then simmer for 8-10 minutes.
5. Add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, mix well and continue to simmer
for a further
3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.