Aubergine Caviar Veg CD HD Russian 70mins
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Vegetables Starter Appetizer Hors d’oeuvre Russia Europe
1 large Aubergine (Eggplant)
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Large Tomato, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Black Pepper
Freshly chopped Parsley to garnish
Rye Bread to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Pierce the aubergine in several places with a knife, place on a baking
sheet and bake for about 50 minutes until soft, turning half way through the
baking time. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Cut the aubergine in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp onto a chopping
board and chop very finely.
4. Transfer the aubergine flesh to a large mixing bowl, together with the
onion, tomato, garlic, oil, and vinegar. Mix well and season with salt and
plenty of pepper.
5. Cover and chill well before serving with thin slices of rye bread and
garnished with freshly chopped parsley.