Veg HT HD
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Hors d’oeuvre Appetizer Starter
Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Venezuela Sth America
300ml/10fl.oz. Warm Water
¼ teasp Salt
225g/8oz Masa Harina Flour
100g/4oz Manchego Cheese, grated
Oil for shallow frying
1 Avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
16 Black Olives, pitted and halved
1. Place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the warm
water, mixing to form a stiff dough.
3. Add the cheese and knead the dough for a few of minutes then form into 4
balls. Flatten the balls to a thickness of about 12mm/ ½ -inch .
4. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, add the arepas and cook for 3-4
minutes on each side until crisp and golden, turning 3 or four times. Drain on
5. To serve – split the arepas in half, place on serving plates and garnish with
the avocado, tomato slices and olives.
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.