Cheese and Onion Tartlets
Veg HT CD HD
Vegetables Hors d'oeuvre Starter Picnic
200g/7oz Shortcrust Pastry
15g/1/2 oz Butter
1 Onion, chopped
Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
90ml/3 fl.oz. Milk
Salt and Pepper
Baby Salad Leaves to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Divide the pastry into four
and use to line 4 x 10cm/4 inch tart tins.
2. Melt the margarine in a pan, add the onion and fry gently until soft
3. Divide the onion between the 4 tarts and sprinkle the grated cheese
over the top.
4. In a jug, beat together the milk and egg and season with salt and
5. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and onion in the tarts and bake
for 30 -35 minutes until set and golden.
6. Serve hot or cold on a bed of dressed baby salad leaves.
| Summer Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
Why not print it off for future reference.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.