Veg HT HD ACC Cajun 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Starter
Appetizer Hors d’oeuvre Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Louisiana Nth
America North American
450g/1lb Fresh Okra, cut into 12mm/ ½ inch slices
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Cornmeal to coat
1. Preheat the deep fat fryer to 190C/375F. Place the egg and milk in a large
mixing bowl and mix well, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Dip the okra into the egg mixture, then roll in the cornmeal to coat on all
3. Deep fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown on all sides. You may have to fry
the okra in batches.
4. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately as an appetiser.
Can also be served an accompaniment to a main course.
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.