Camembert Veg HT HD 50mins plus cooling
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Dried Fruit Nuts
Starter Appetiser Hors d’oeuvre Gluten Wheat Free
1 tbsp Dried Cranberries
1 tbsp Sultanas
2 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
¼ teasp Ground Cloves
1 teasp freshly grated Root Ginger
¼ teasp Ground Allspice
1 Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp Roughly Chopped Walnuts
1 Whole Camembert Cheese (about 15cm/6-inches in diameter)
1. Place the cranberries, sultanas, brown sugar, cloves, ginger, allspice and
water in a medium saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the cranberries have
swollen and the mixture has thickened to the consistency of jam. Remove from
heat and allow to cool completely then stir in the chopped kiwifruit and nuts.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with
4. Place the whole camembert on the lined baking tray and spread the cooled
fruit mixture evenly over the top.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the camembert round swells. Serve
immediately with French bread.
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.