Asparagus Bruschetta Veg
HT MC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Herbs Fruit Main Course Snack Italian Eggless
8 Asparagus Spears, washed and cut into 5cm/2-inch lengths
8 x 12mm/½-inch Thick slices of Baguette
8 Black Olives, pitted and chopped
225g/8oz Ricotta Cheese
50g/2oz Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Basil
The juice and finely Grated Zest of 1 small Lemon
8 tbsp Grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 7. Bring a pan of salted water to
the boil then add the asparagus and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender then drain
well in a colander.
2. Meanwhile, toast the bread on both sides until golden brown.
3. Place the olives, ricotta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, parsley, basil, lemon
juice and zest in a large mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
4. Once the bread has toasted, transfer to a baking sheet then spread the ricotta mixture
evenly onto each slice, top with the cooked asparagus, sprinkle with the grated
mozzarella and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until golden and bubbling.
5. Serve immediately drizzled with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
More Asparagus Recipes |
Information and History of Asparagus |
What's In Season
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.