Asparagus Frittata Veg
HT MC 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
Main Course Gluten Wheat Free
60ml/2fl.oz. Olive Oil
225g/8oz Fresh Asparagus, cut into 5cm/2-inch lengths
1 large Onion, thinly sliced
75g/3oz Romano Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper
175g/6oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and asparagus and sauté
gently, stirring from time to time, for 10 minutes until the onions are soft and
golden but not too brown.
2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs well, add the Romano cheese, salt and pepper and mix
3. Raise the heat under the frying pan then pour the egg mixture over the
vegetables, moving it around so the mixture seeps through and under the
vegetables, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are mostly set.
4. Preheat the grill to hot. Place the pan under the grill and cook for 2
minutes, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and continue to grill for a further 2
minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden. Serve immediately or allow to
cool at room temperature.
Serving Suggestions :
Frittata Recipes |
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.