Baked Three Cheese Gnocchi
HT MC Italian
35mins plus cooling
Serves 2 Hot Vegetarian
3-cheese Main Course Italy Europe
450ml/15fl.oz. Milk or Vegetable Stock
100g /4oz Semolina
1 Large Egg, beaten
75g/3oz Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
75g/3oz Ricotta Cheese
50g/2oz Gorgonzola Cheese, cut into small cubes
1. Place the milk or stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil then sprinkle
in the semolina, stirring constantly and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or
until the mixture is very thick
2. Remove from the heat, then add the egg, half the parmesan cheese, salt and
pepper and mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large baking tray or board and spread it out evenly
to a depth of about 12mm/ ˝ “thick. Set aside and allow it to set and cool
4. Once cold, preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and grease a wide
shallow ovenproof dish which is large enough to take the pieces (overlapped) in
a single layer.
5. Cut it the set semolina mixture into 5cm /2- inch squares or triangles then
arrange them , very slightly overlapping in the greased dish, place dots of the
ricotta and the gorgonzola cubes evenly over the surface, sprinkle with the
remaining Parmesan cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and
bubbling. Serve immediately.
More Gnocchi Recipes |
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.