Omelette Veg HT MC Canadian 20mins
Serves 2 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Canada Nth America North American
1 teasp grated Lemon Zest
3 large Eggs , lightly beaten
2 tbsp Milk
50g/2oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper
Freshly chopped Parsley to serve
1. Heat the butter in a large frying pan, add the prepared fiddleheads and sauté
gently over a low-medium for 5 minutes , turning from time to time.
2. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a mixing bowl together with the milk, salt and
plenty of black pepper and beat lightly.
3. Raise the heat under the frying pan, sprinkle the lemon zest over the cooked
fiddleheads then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Leave for 1 minute, then
stir with the flat part of a fork 2-3 times. Reduce heat to medium-low.
4. With a palette knife, lift the far edge of the omelette and tilt the pan so
that the raw egg runs on to the base. As soon as the omelette is set and golden
underneath but still very moist on top, sprinkle with the cheese and continue to
cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Fold omelette in half and let rest over low heat for another minute then
transfer to a warm serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.