Co. Wicklow Pancake
(Irish Omelet) Veg
MC Irish 45mins
Main Course Ireland Europe Gluten Wheat free
8 Large Eggs,
2 large Potatoes
1 teasp Lemon
1 tbsp Freshly
Salt and Black
1 tbsp Oil
1. Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks and boil in lightly salted water
for 15-20 minutes until soft. Drain well then mash.
2. In a small bowl, beat the yolks then add to the mashed potato, mixing
3. Add the lemon juice,
chives, salt and pepper to the potato mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the
5. Melt the butter and oil in a large frying
pan until hot, add the potato mixture to the pan and cook until golden brown on the under-side. If you don't have a
very large frying pan, use two.
6. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to very hot.
7. Once the omelet is browned underneath, place under the grill and cook
and browned. Serve immediately.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.