Eggs with Sweet
Peppers Veg HT MC
Tunisian name: Ujja bi'l-Hrus
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Tunisia Nth Africa North African
2 Green Capsicums (sweet peppers), deseeded
2 Chilli Peppers, deseeded
60ml/2fl.oz. Tomato Paste
120ml/4fl.oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Paprika
2 tbsp Harissa
1 tbsp Caraway Seeds
Salt and Black Pepper
8 large Eggs
1. Place the capsicums and chillies in a food processor or blender and process
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the purée of peppers, tomato
paste, paprika, harissa, caraway seeds, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Add the water and bring to the boil, stirring then reduce the heat and simmer
for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Carefully crack the eggs into the frying pan containing the sauce without
breaking the yolks (easier said than done) and continue to cook for about 15
minutes or until the eggs have set.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.