Mozzarella Avocado and Potato Pizzas
Veg HT MC 55mins
By Chef Thomasina Miers
courtesy of www.deliciousavocados.com
Serves 6 Hot Vegetarian Herbs Vegetables
Main Course Eggless
450g/1lb New Potatoes
2 balls of Buffalo Mozzarella
100g/4oz freshly grated Pecorino or Mature Cheddar
A bunch of Thyme
For the dough
500g/1lb 2oz Strong Bread Flour
1 x 7g sachet Dry Yeast
2 teasp Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Hass Avocados, sliced
2 large handfuls of Rocket
Chilli oil and Maldon Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, or the highest temperature your oven will go. Start
the yeast by using ¼ of the warm water, and ½ the sugar and the yeast. Mix well
and set aside for 5-10 minutes until you see the yeast going frothy in the
2. In a mixing bowl sift the flour, salt and remaining sugar together. Whisk in
the frothy yeast, olive oil and remaining water and then knead together with
your hands to bring the dough together.
3. On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and elastic, this will
take about five minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl covered with cling film
to rise until doubled in size (about an hour).
4. Scrub the potatoes clean and simmer until tender in boiling, salted water.
Cool slightly and then slice into thin rounds.
5. Punch down the dough and on a lightly floured surface and divide into 6 balls
of dough. Roll them out as thinly as you can (less than half a centimeter if
possible) and then transfer them to pre-heated baking sheets.
6. Drizzle each pizza with a little olive oil, and then top with torn up bits of
the mozzarella. Scatter over the potato slices, the thyme and pecorino. Cook
right at the bottom of the oven so the bases can crisp up or on a pizza stone.
7. After around 30 minutes, or when they are crispy and golden, take out and
with rocket, some chilli oil, salt and some slices of Hass avocado.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.