Onion and Potato
Omelette Veg HT MC Tunisian 45mins
Tunisian Name: Maacouda Bil Batata
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetable Main
Course Tunisia Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Nth Africa North African
400g/14oz Potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 teasp Harissa
1 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
1. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil
then reduce the heat and cook for approx 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan add the onion and
garlic and sauté until soft and golden. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, lightly whisk the eggs with the Harissa, herbs and salt.
4. Once cooked, drain the potatoes then return to the saucepan and mash over a
5. Add the onion and garlic and mix well then remove from the heat and gradually
beat in the egg mixture.
6. Preheat the grill to hot. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, add
the egg and potato mixture, spreading it evenly over the base of the pan, and
cook over a very low heat until the bottom has set.
7. Brown the top under the preheated grill. Serve hot.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.